Holiday Extras are looking for an experienced HelpDesk Engineer to come and use cutting edge technology to help the team revolutionise how customers (7 million and growing) travel better.
The Holiday Extras group is growing at a phenomenal rate. With more people joining, we’re expanding our HelpDesk team to ensure we can keep giving our customers a great experience. We have 3 friendly and enthusiastic members in our current HelpDesk team, who all enjoy getting a user back to work, and hate to see them struggling.
We are 100% Apple Mac based with over 1000 devices across 2 sites in the UK and one in Europe. We are an approved Apple Authorised Repair Centre which allows us to carry out all our own repairs and servicing, we also offer support for all tech related queries like Office, eMail, phones (iPhones, of course) along with all the other day to day helpdesk duties.
We are big on automation and self service which will be a key part to this role, being able to spot opportunities to automate and innovate is key. We’ve made a start by introducing Munki across the business, which streamlines machine configuration and setup. We are now looking to introduce Munki to the rest of the HX group, giving a high-standard of user experience across all our users.
We pride ourselves on being able to offer exciting challenges, whilst also providing a flexible, fulfilling environment in which to work, in the heart of the Kent countryside, 5 minutes from the beach. Our Learning Academy, quiet Lounge, supportive environment and focus on personal development, help our team members grow and become experts in their field!
You will be joining at an exciting period of exceptional projected growth; Our people move fast and deliver excellence at pace, never accepting second best. We may have been in business 33 years, but Holiday Extras is an innovative and entrepreneurial travel-tech business with a startup mentality.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’re an experienced troubleshooter looking to make an positive impact.
- Experience of Apple Mac hardware and software, Googlemail,
- Experience of industry recognised deployment tools such as Munki, JAMF, KACE, MDM etc.
- Been a part of a successful HelpDesk team
- Good knowledge of standard office programs like Excel / Word / Chrome
- A desire to understand the business and where it’s heading.
- Being solutions focussed and an excellent problem solver, not afraid to make decisions and act quickly.
- Always determined to acquire new skills and learn.
- Demonstrable interest in a wide range of cutting edge technology from the latest in Apple hardware to the hottest new software releases from Google.
- Clean driving licence in order to be mobile between our 2 UK sites
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- You will have autonomy and responsibility to solve the interesting problems we face daily.
- You’ll be working closely with the Holiday Extras staff around the group to come up with solutions to help make their lives better.
- Solving problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. The goal being to automating all non-exceptional service conditions.
- You will develop your career in a strong team with a well-defined culture, that is building a fast-moving, disruptive business.
- You will lead and assist in solving challenges and delivering innovative new experiences with other team’s alongside supporting our other businesses.
- You will be covering 2 different locations (about 4 miles apart) with visits to our European office too.
- You will be doing out of hours support (1 in 4) but that’s a good incentive to automate.
- You’re going to have a lot of fun!
Please send in your CV and Cover letter if you think you have the skills to succeed by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button! Applications need to be in by Monday 8th May 2017.