We are Holiday Extras Shortbreaks (part of the Holiday Extras Group, established for over 30 years); we work with the UK’s biggest theme parks, attractions and West-End shows helping over half a million customers a year to make their free time count. An innovative and entrepreneurial travel-tech business we are proud to run like a start-up (even after 10 years of success) and are rated as a Sunday Times Top 100 Company to work for.
Customer Experience Team
Customer Experience is at the heart of our business – our personalities shine through in all we do and, when combined with fantastic product knowledge and a desire to ensure that each and every interaction is memorable, we deliver an experience which our customers will never forget.
Our Customer experience team is a bright, upbeat and driven place to be, where the excitement of a Short Break starts from the very first call, 7 days a week!
A day in the life of a Sales Specialist…
- Your shift is due to start, but you come in a bit early for a cup of tea and a catch-up with your team. You read through all your new emails to make sure you have all you need to start the shift.
- You log on and are ready to go. Your first call is from a lady looking to book a family trip to a UK theme park.
- You love speaking to our customers and find it easy to build rapport. Your genuine, engaging personality shines through on every call and helps create a lasting impression that keeps our customers coming back time and time again.
- As you finish a call, your Team Coach asks to see you – you have received a Mystery Shop with great results. Together you listen to the call and go through any areas of development that have been highlighted, to make sure next time is even better!
- Your day is flying by and it’s time for lunch. You could use the brand new kitchen if you fancy a hot meal, but as your lunch today is just a sandwich you decide to eat at your desk and catch up with your friends on Facebook, or maybe do some online shopping. (Yes! this is allowed in your own time.)
- After lunch you see that the daily stats have been updated and you are doing well. Your conversion is up and you have made real progress adding extras to the bookings. You’re not quite getting a bonus, but you still have most of the month to go and you can see where you need to pick up.
- Later in the afternoon it’s time to have your coaching session, your coach has been listening into your calls today and together you discuss these. This is your chance to see what you do well and where your development areas lie. You work together to design a personal action plan for the month.
- Back at your desk you have a busy half hour with non-stop calls. Each one is different and you easily switch between talking about our different products. You remain focussed and calm delivering an excellent customer experience to each call as if they were the first of the day.
- You speak with a customer who is rather upset about something that hasn’t gone too well for them, but you thrive in challenging situations and will be able to confidently provide a solution. Because you are so good at what you do, the customer leaves feeling valued and more likely to return to us in the future.
- The Shortbreaks facebook page throws up a notification. The latest photos of the most recent fun event have been posted by our people team. You and the team take a minute between calls to look at the photos and add comments, especially to the most embarrassing ones!
- Just as you are about to log off at the end of the day, a call comes through at the last minute. Although you were looking forward to going, you take the call and give the customer 100%, as always. It takes you a minute to complete the after call work, and then you are free to go.
- Your day is over and it’s time to go. You make sure you have handed over any callbacks for later to a colleague, log off, tidy your desk and head home.
Please be aware that this role is based at our Applebarn office near Smeeth (Ashford).
How do I apply?
We currently have two types of contract available as we are looking for both Seasonal and Fixed Term Sales Specialists to join our team…
Seasonal team members will join us across our peak summer period from July through to September.
Fixed term team members will join us across our entire summer period from May through to September. Our fixed term contracts are a minimum of 15 hours per week and can be flexed up to a maximum of 37.5 hours per week depending on business need.
Our assessment day will be held on Saturday 22nd April. Induction and training for the fixed term positions will begin on Tuesday 02nd May and Induction and training for the seasonal positions will begin on Monday 03rd July. Both induction periods will be full time (Monday – Friday from 9am to 5.30pm) and will last for two weeks.
If this sounds like a fantastic opportunity for you then please click the ‘Apply Now’ button to send us your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you!